backer. also patronne. sponsor, supporter. a person or group that supports a person, an activity, or an organization, especially by giving money.
For twenty years I have been publishing free content in the form of tools, tutorials and teachings. And I won't stop doing that. But I also want to accomplish more, and spend more time on efforts that maximize value. This is why I'm happily welcoming backers in the form of paying members.
Over the years people have generously asked if they can support my work with small payments. This aligns well with my strong desire to create even more helpful guides, frameworks and educational content for designers, tech enthusiasts and everyday citizens in a world forged by technology.
My focus is, as always, human rights and responsible innovation in a digitized world.
How you (and others) benefit
I am known for creating posts, visualisations and explanations that people understand and take to heart. I'm also a good listener, and work as a coach. My purpose is creating immediately useful content that resonates with people who value equality, inclusion and ethics. I hope you're here because you have come across some of it.
I want to provide more of the same in the shape of:
- Video/blog tutorials, guides and topic breakdowns
- Tools, templates and canvases for download
- Long-form reflections on technology developments from a human rights and ethics perspective
- Previews of new talks and workshops
Some of this as part of content aimed at paying members. Primarily of two types:
- Paid exclusive. Always only available to paying members
- Paid first. Offered to paying members first and with open access some months later
I also want to allow members to help suggest and vote on topic areas.
Become a backer
You can enjoy free membership for as long as you like. As a subscriber to the newsletter you are already counted as member. When you're ready to become a paid member just sign up below or on Gumroad, the platform I use for sales.
- Free. You become a registered free member and will receive the open newsletter, including invitations to appearances and events. You help me by sharing my content when you find it valuable.
- Paid member. $5/month or $50/year. You support my work financially and will gain full access to select paid member content and more access to me personally, partly through a forum. Cancel any time.
- Protector. $12/month or $120/year. For organizations and when you want and are able to contribute more.
Note: In the European Union, VAT for your country will be added to the amount. If relevant you may want to view the Swedish backer page.