Questions for self-reflection
This text is the content of my auto-reply (out of office message) during the summer of 2021. I always try to provide value back to the person trying to reach me.
I am sparingly checking e-mail during my personal downtime and upkeep. I'm back full-time on Wednesday August 11, 2021. Ways to get in touch with me are listed here.
Here are examples of self-reflection questions I'm spending time on this summer:
- What have I achieved over the past year and what am I thankful for? (reflect)
- What do I want to spend more time on? (1-3 goals)
- When do I want this to happen? (expectation management)
- What don't I know yet that I need to know to achieve this? (gap analysis)
- How can I acquire that skill/knowledge? (method)
- When will I acquire that skill/knowledge? (plan)
- How will I know I am succeeding? (criteria)
- Is the thing happening that I wanted to happen? (evaluate, assess, rephrase)
These are not linear by the way. You can always dive into one of them and work on that question. And you never fail, you're just learning about yourself and the world as you go along.
If you are considering a coach to help you through changes, that is one of the things I do, in English or Swedish.
Stay safe, take care and be good,Per
Get Per's newsletter
Per Axbom's newsletter on digital ethics and compassionate design helps you stay updated on human rights issues in the tech space. You will receive select posts in your inbox 2-3 times per month.
Become a Key Supporter
If you wish to support Per's efforts in writing and teaching on digital ethics and wellbeing in tech, you can become a key supporter and donate monthly.
For one-time donations you can use Swish (in Sweden) or PayPal.