I strive to collect as little data about visitors as possible, and to keep others from collecting data about visitors to this site.
- This site does not track visitors for analytics purposes. The less data I have, the less data there is to protect.
- This site avoids embedding YouTube videos (YouTube tracks users even when cookies are not set).
- When videos from Vimeo are embedded on this site, the dnt (do not track) parameter is set to true. I wish more services offered this option.
- There are YouTube videos embedded in older posts that are systematically removed on a regular schedule where I manually go back and change the posts. This page will update when this work is done.
- Similarly, I will avoid embedding Spotify, Soundcloud, Twitter and other content on the site – as they currently do not offer ways to do this without collecting visitor information. Instead, I will link to these services—allowing visitors to make an autonomous choice.
- This site is hosted on Ghost(Pro) and as such Ghost is a data processor and data controller for this website. Ghost will however not collect any data about visitors that is not provided to them (for example if the Member feature is activated) and that is not happening. You can also read their data processing agreement.'
- For comments the service Commento is being used. Commento does not employ any ads or tracking. However, if you comment on the website, the information you enter will be stored in the United States. Commento is a service I pay for.
- While technically not part of this site, the search engine that this site links to uses the Microsoft Bing Web Search API. This is a service I pay for.
- Two third-party cookie are set on this website (axbom.blog) by Cloudflare, a content delivery network used by Ghost for performance management.
|__cfduid||The cookie is used by the cdn (content delivery network) CloudFare to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis. It does not correspond to any user ID in the web application and does not store any personally identifiable information.|
|__cflb||This cookie is used by Cloudfare for load balancing. It identifies which server cluster is serving the visitor. Essentially it helps the site load faster. It does not store any personally identifiable information.|
- As long as there are still some posts I haven't yet had time to remove embedded YouTube videos from, Google will add tracking cookies on those posts. As frustrating as this is, I'm dealing with it.
Please reach out if you want me to clarify anything: email@example.com
Axbom Innovation AB
169 60 SOLNA